HUME GIANT SEGMENTAL BOX CULVERT
Drainage channels, vehicular and pedestrian underpasses, highways, bridges, river crossings, utility tunnels, subway lines, railway crossings, canals, garages, motorcycle underpasses, etc.
- Hume's GSBC units are available in nominal widths of 4.2 meters and 4.8 meters with heights from 2.4 meters to 4.2 meters and 4.8 meters respectively, at intervals of 600mm and lengths of 1 meter.
- Hume's GSBC units come with a "specially designed" Dry Weather Flow, which has a gentle slope to the middle of the GSBC invert base.
- Lower cost of installation compared to cast-in-place twin cell Vehicular Box Culvert.
- Reduced construction time, minimised traffic obstructions.
- Ease of transportation, handling and installation.
- Smaller cranage capacity.
- Comes in manageable unit weight (4-9 tonnes).
- Provides better flaw area per concrete material used.
- Very stable structure during handling and erection stages (aspect ratio, Height/Width ≈ 3).
- Site progress less affected by adverse weather conditions.
- Factory produced to stringent standards
- Without a central wall, allows free flow which does not collect debris.